Friday, January 11, 2008

2008: New Year, Fresh Start

As most know, 2007 wasn't my year at all. I ended 2006 by moving out of my house. Even though it was for the best and taught me more than I could have imagined and caused much unnecessary strain, it was one of the hardest things I have done - going against my parents wishes. 2007 started with the love of my life having to have an appendectomy. I know, I know - very routine procedure. However, I couldn't imagine life without him and the thought of him lying there under anesthesia made me go crazy. Of course waiting outside with his parents was the longest hour of my life, but it was still an experience for the both of us that only made us stronger. Ill never forget his first words after surgery being, "Where's my girlfriend?" The nurse brought him out and said hes been asking for his girlfriend for the past ten minutes with his hand in the air. Ha. It was dang near adorable. And for his sake, I wont go into all the things he said about me and about the two of us getting married and such with tears running down his face, while family and the paster were all present. But hes a romantic and always will be, whether he likes it or not. Well, we stayed in the hospital for a few days...Yeah, not leaving him left me not smelling the greatest, but you couldn't drag me away from taking care of him. Nonetheless, classes started and he missed the first two weeks (at least), and I missed the first few days. So, it wasn't a great start to the semester.

The year that I will never, ever be able to forget just continued to worsen everyday. I lost the one person that I thought would be my only constant in life, my best friend, the greatest boyfriend that any girl could ask for. I suppose it isn't right to say that I lost him. Rather, I should say things have changed, we've grown and learned more about ourselves and our relationship than we could have imagined. Despite the many mistakes that we have both made and the people we have dragged into the mess, it has strengthened us, our feelings and appreciation in the end. He is, without a doubt, still in my life and might even still have a strong hold on my heart. But we will see where the good Lord takes things from here.

Most importantly, the year went out with a bang - *completely sarcastic.* I lost my grandma in early November and lost my grandpa in mid December. They were literally the greatest couple to walk this planet. Everyday they put each other and everyone else before themselves. They constantly loved even complete strangers with only a love that could be given by God himself. They touched more lives than even I will be able to fathom, but I must say, every person they have ever known is a better because of it. I am honored to say that I am Charlie and Mary Jane Breeze's granddaughter!

Even though last year's mistakes and downfalls continue to be a part of me present day, I am trying my hardest to be a better person. Of course I am a struggling Christian, but I am trying and praying with all I have left. So, your prayers are much appreciated.

No comments: