Thursday, January 17, 2008

Nursing School, Say What

So, I must say that I don't know how I'm finding time to write a blog right now, but I'm thinking its necessary because I'm about to go out of my mind. It's been day three of SIUE's Spring semester in the actual Nursing Program. I was so excited to literally start classes that will teach us all what we're needing to know about becoming something we've dreamed of. However, I'm overwhelmed like never before. I'm thinking every single Nursing Student is on the same page. Ha. Well, I know we all are. Before classes even started, we had probably about 15 Chapters to have read, a quiz to study for, and medical equation homework assignments. This is ludicrous. Ha. I seriously cant believe all this. I realize that there is a reason for all this, but I'm actually really disappointed right now. I feel like I haven't learned much in any of my classes. However, I must say today was pretty good. Our four hour lab today actually taught us quite a bit, and surprisingly, we didn't have to teach ourselves. Yay. HaHa. Well, all I can say is "student-centered learning" is BoGuS. How about I just be a teacher and have the students teach themselves. What a job.

Alright, I'm done hating on the program. I really am excited and ready to learn and help others by making a difference! :) And the good news is that I like the majority of my professors! HaHa - please pray for all us nursing students! Cant wait to start catheters and IVs! :)

"If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it."
















My dad and I at Edwardsville. Not the best picture, but we had a blast - and he was so proud! :)

No comments: